Tuesday, January 3, 2012

McDougalls: The Better Baker's Guide

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great Christmas. Now the festivities are all done and dusted I decided to have a spring clean yesterday and happened to pile all my recipe books in one place...I have to say, I knew I had quite a few but was a bit surprised to realise how many!!

I then read a couple of great posts from Cake Boule and English Mum about New Year's resolutions and concentrating on the things that matter in life. As English Mum says life is about snapshots and not about stuff! Therefore, I have decided that one of my New Year's resolutions is to resist the temptation to buy a single cookbook in 2012...which will be tough!! But I really have quite enough already and maybe I should concentrate on making delicious treats from the ones I already have!

However, if you're planning a frugal January after the Christmas excesses but can't resist a new recipe book then this is the cost conscious option for you. McDougall's Flour publish a Better Baker's Guide, they're currently on the 35th edition! It's only £2.50, so it won't break the bank and it's crammed with over 100 classic recipes which all look delicious! Fortunately, my copy arrived just before the New Year, so this will be my last recipe book until 2013 but I think it's certainly a good one to end on... and probably has more recipes than some other books which cost at least quadruple the price!!
Today is my last day of freedom before going back to work tomorrow, so I have my first recipe from the McDougall's cookbook in the oven and I will post the results later.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2012!

To get your own copy of the McDougalls Baker's Guide then you just need to send a cheque for £2.50 (payable to McDougalls Foods Ltd) to the following address:

McDougalls Baking Book
PO Box 100
Blackburn
Lancashire
BB2 9FL

It will take about 28 days to arrive and P&P is included. You just need to send your cheque along with your name and address.

6 comments:

  1. Now that is a very good idea! I think I will join you in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great book. cant' wait to see your post on your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna be tough... I've already seen a couple of books that are trying to tempt me... but I'm going to try my hardest...must resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a bit of a cookbook buying spree lately... I should take a leaf out of your book and stop buying but use what I have instead! Right after I order this book ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the 27th edition, which having been lovingly used over and over again is now SOoo splattered it's a little embarrassing still being on 'show' in my kitchen. Therefore I'm hoping (with fingers crossed) that this latest addition will be as useful and loved as it's predecessor!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!